Friday, November 9, 2012

the book reviewer

So... I usually don't review books, because I look at it like this... It doesn't matter what I think of a book. The writer spent so many hours, and so much emotion writing it that I don't feel that it is my place to critique their creation. They made it specifically like they saw it.

That being said... here is my review on my own book.

When I was writing Ryann she irritated the hell out of me. I hated her. I hated the things that she did and the things that she said, but on the same side I pitied her. I felt my heart breaking as I knew how much she was hurting. I wrote her the way she because I thought to myself that if I was in this situation I would be flaky, un-trusting, and hate everyone just as she does. I loved how she fought with herself about being in love with Sam, and I loved how she did what she thought was right for him. Maybe she wasn't right, but her heart was in the right place.


I loved everything about Sam. He's cheesy sometimes, but he's genuine. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and there was never any doubt in my head about how much he loved Ryann.

I will admit that the writing in this book is probably not the best, I'm alright with that and have excepted it, but I also believe that writing is like an art form. It's something that writers do to express themselves and why should expression have guidelines... or maybe I just tell myself that to make me feel better... who knows...


that was my short review...

Hope everyone has a magically day... and do something to make someone smile.

                                                                                                                       -N

No comments:

Post a Comment