Thursday, December 6, 2012

The struggling author

I have decided to put up some teasers for my novels that I have written...

Here is a teaser from Hate me...


For some reason at that moment I get distracted and see a couple to the right hand side of the room sit down. The woman is beautiful… she is about five foot seven, long blonde hair, bright green eyes, and a huge rack… I look down at myself in the dress I had picked out for the evening and sighed my chest would never look as good in anything as hers does in that stupid dress. Then the man that is with her gets up and walks to the bathroom… Mark is still talking about whatever he is saying as I am trying to pay attention I see the man from the table with the beautiful blonde walk out of the bathroom… SAM I shout in my head… how did I not know it was him… My arm falls from its position and knocks over the glass of water on the table. Shit. Mark slides his chair back and the waiter runs over and brings me a new water and a towel to clean up my mess.. I sit there embarrassed… and I move over seats so that my back is to their table saying that my chair has gotten wet from the water. The waiter looks to me confused and I just shake my head. I can’t believe Sam is here with her.
“You know I’m not feeling well all of a sudden.” I say…. I just couldn’t stand to see him here with her. I was worried that for a second that Mark was going to be upset with me… “I’m sorry” I half-heartedly say...
“It’s alright…” as he says this our food came to the table… “Actually I’m sorry to do this but the lady isn’t feeling well and we really need to get going could you bring over a couple of boxes so we could take it with us and bring the check”
“Right away” the waiter responds and walks back… we pay for the check and start to leave... when we leave we have to walk past the table… and Mark is in front of me pulling me along behind him…
“Shit” I remark as a drop my purse right before the exit… and my phone falls out and behind me… I am forced to turn around and bend over to get it… As I’m standing up I glance up and find Sam’s eyes on me. I see him move to get up from his chair and big breasts move her hand to his... he looks down at her for a moment but by the time that he looks back up I will already be out the door because I cannot stand to look at him… all that talk of finding a different assignment and he’s having dinner with big breasts… ugh I huffed off in frustration… before I left I saw a look of frustration in Sam’s eyes… we get back to the car and again Mark opens my door for me and I smile again…
“Look, I’m sorry I’m just not feeling so well”                                                                             
“I understand Trish. It’s not a problem” he was so nice about it… Then my phone buzzed
Sam: Looks it’s not what you think it is…
I had already decided that I wasn’t having this conversation. So I didn’t respond… Next thing I know we are back at my apartment and my phone buzzes again
Sam: Let me explain
I still had planned on not having this conversation… I get out of the car and so did Mark he walks me to the front door of my building where I thought he was going to turn around and walk back to his car and leave when he said
“Can I come to make sure you make it alright to your house?”
“Yea, that’s fine… look I feel bad about dinner why don’t you come up and have dinner that we ordered”
“I would like that” he smiles and walks through the door with me… I started to head for the stairs and he looked at me strange and points to the elevator and questions me...
“Elevators freak me out” he chuckles at my answer “don’t laugh… there’s many things that could happen… they could break and we could die in there” I tell him and he starts laughing harder as we ascend the stairs up to my apartment…
“I think your being a little dramatic”
“I told you before complicated” I point to myself trying to make him understand that it wasn’t just my life that was complicated but it was also me…
“Alright I agree you warned me ahead of time” I feel my phone buzz again as we make it to the entrance to my floor…
Sam: Will you please talk to me I huff not wanting to have this conversation
Me: No
Sam: Why
Me: Because I am on my date and I don’t want to have this conversation right now
“Sorry” I look say to Mark
“Over protective friend?” he asks
“Yea”
“What does he want?” he asks me
“Nothing just seeing how the date is going”
“Oh he knows?” he pauses. “Why do you seem aggravated then?”
“Cause he won’t leave me alone.” I laugh as I unlock my door, and we walk in the apartment…
“Wow… this is an incredibly place you have here. WOAH… what’s with all the locks?”
“Hey don’t criticize my apartment…” I laugh… “I know it’s a little ridiculous but this is how I got it”
“Trish… how do you afford all this?” he asks me.
“I told you rich aunt…”
“Do your parent’s help out..?”
“Um… yea kinda” I respond... ugh… I don’t want to make up stories right now… my brain is already in overload…
“Trish I have to ask… are you close to your parents? I ask because I’ve heard you mention your aunt more than your parents” he asks
“Well we used to be… but I don’t talk to them anymore” definitely trying to avoid lying “I moved here in a way to get away from them” technically it’s not a complete lie.
“That’s awful to hear… ready to eat?” he asks… yes and he breaks out the to-go food that we had just gotten from the restaurant.
“Do you want a beer or some wine to go with it?” I ask him…
“Want to spilt a bottle of wine?” he asks.
“Sure” I agree... we sit down and start  to eat… it feels natural to talk to him in such a calm place knowing that I wouldn’t see Sam or Big Breasts… we had a great time eating our food not having to be fancy and proper in the safety of my own home… he was funny and charming… He made me laugh and made me forget for a moment or two that Sam who has always implied that if things were different he would be with me and watch out for me… but he sure doesn’t waste any time to go off to dinner with big breasts but I guess I couldn’t be too upset because here I was doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment