Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Tragic Fairy Tale... Teaser number one.

Lots of posts lately... I just finished the first edit on ATFT and I forgot how much I love it... here is a little taste of  it. 




“Shit,” I mutter under my breath. I slowly, carefully make my way up the opposite side of the store than I think that he will be at. Please don’t let me run into him, or if I do please don’t let him want to talk to me. I make my way past the items that sit in the middle of the novelty store and I hear his voice come from behind me. I wonder if he is with anyone. I know he just doesn’t randomly talk to himself, he isn’t like that. I hold my breath when I see his face come around the corner and pass through the odd assortment of sex toys that are surrounding me. Good, beach it would be even more awkward if he found me in here. I wait a couple of second before I emerge myself out of the tiny little area that the rack surrounding me creates. I hurry myself out of the store and start to walk in the direction that my car is parked when I face plant into a hard torso. The smell instantly takes me back to when I was sixteen… when I feel the love for the first time. I inhale a sharp breath. Damn him and his hard abs.
“Hayley?” he asks me handing up his phone, and I turn around quickly and mumble an apology before I begin to walk in the opposite direction. “Hayley, wait… it’s me, Liam.” He says sunning up next to me. “God, it’s been forever. How have you been?” I can feel his eyes looking over my every inch. I wonder if seeing me jogs the memories for him as well; I inhale deeply and pause turning to my side and faking a smile, only for him, and he knows it’s fake as well. I attempt to avoid looking him in the eyes. Oh, those eyes.
“Oh, hey… I didn’t recognize you.” I lie, and I wonder if he knows.
“You look great.” He smiles at me and I instantly let my eyes travel to his hand and my eyes catch a glimpse at the ring that sits on his finger. I feel a knot develop in my stomach that I can only classify as jealousy. I finally let my eyes trail up to his and look him in the eyes.
“Thanks,” I say more chipper than I mean for it to come out, “So do you.” Old memories start soaring through my mind. I try my best at shoving them away.
“It’s been so long. How have you been doing?” he asks me. I’m sure he’s only doing it to be polite.
“Good,” I pause wondering if I should tell him for a second, “I’m married now.”
“I know-,” he says lifting his hand showing me his. “Here too, Crazy isn’t it?”
“What is?”
“Who knew that we would actually ever grow up?” He smiles to me. I feel a twinge in my heart, but I laugh anyways.
“Who knew that the war we waged between us would ever really end.” I smile and he looks down for a moment and I can see that he is embarrassed. “I’m sorry,” I mutter, instantly feeling bad for saying what I didn’t. I do have a problem with saying inappropriate things.
“No, tis’ not your fault; we both did things that I’m sure neither of us are proud of.” I nod my head. Instantly knowing what he is talking about. “Look, I’ve got some time to kill want to grab some lunch? “I know that he can sense I am uneasy especially when he looks to me again and adds. “Just maybe some food court lunch.” I reluctantly nod my head. I don’t want to agree to it, but I can’t manage to let myself say no, he has always had that effect on me.
“Great,” he bellows and smiles, turning waling in the direction. I mentally yell at myself as he leads me toward the food court. For the first time I let my eyes look over him. I notice the muscular tome to his body. He always had that, and I was always a sucker for that. With him and anyone else, this is probably why my husband is even more muscular that him. I make myself think about running my fingertips over Reid’s abs that sits under his shirt. I look up and I can’t help but watch Liam’s back side walk in front of myself I look up seeing his black hair, I think about his bright blue eyes, and I yell internally at myself to stop. That part of my life is over and I need to remember the awful things that he said and did to me. But I remind myself that looking isn’t doing anything wrong. Just because I look at him and don’t have to use my imagination as to what is laying underneath those clothes doesn’t count as cheating does it? I love my husband, I do… I mean I really do. But standing in front of me is the one that got away. Standing in front of me was the downfall to my life; the downfall that I had to work so hard to get back from. I follow him as he walks in the direction of the pizza place and I walk up begin him. One good thing about eating with an ex is that they always feel the need to pay for it. I smile at my thought.


there you go... first teaser... hope you enjoy it, and just remember that I had at least one more edit to do before it will be done!



Add it on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment