Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fated teaser #3


Although that I have gone though this once for edits, I know that there probably is more. It is still going to be edited at least one more time! ENJOY!



I wake early the next morning and get ready to make my way to the courtroom. I exit the cab and I see Austin look over to me; I can tell that he didn’t sleep and somewhere inside of me I start to feel bad for him. I force myself to walk up the steps and he meets me without saying a word, we both know that this isn’t the time to talk about anything. He places his hand on my arm and I pull it away. His eyes lower and I think that he his embarrassed. I’m not sure why.
We are finally able to go into the room when he finally says something to me, “Are you ready?”
“Yes,” I stop when I see Joe. I forgot how handsome that I thought he was. He smirks at me and it’s almost the last inch that breaks me but I stop and walk back outside, I need some air. I lean against the building as I catch my breath when the door opens and I expect to watch Austin walk out to me. Instead of the spectacular blue eyes I want to see I see Joe’s shallow grey ones. I, almost as if out of instinct, reach into my pocket of my coast and fumble with my phone as he places his hands on each side of me so I cannot move away.
“You look good, Sophie. I forgot how damn sexy you look when you dress up.” He smirks as he steps closer to me, and I look away not wanting to talk to him. “Too bad your life fell apart and now no one wants you. wasn’t that your boyfriend, your lawyer? Oh, but you didn’t look very loving, because no one could ever love you Sophie, you’re a fucking little cunt. That’s why I went after the only thing I wanted from you… your money, but you already know that was Becky and I’s plan all along marry you and then divorce you and take all of your money.” Astonishing the part that hurts the most is when he mentions Becky’s name. “But sadly you don’t have any more of it but I can force you to pay me for the rest of your life, well let’s be honest you’re a great fuck too.” I still don’t say a word, terrified that he is going to do something else. Or say something else. He grabs my arms tightly and smirks to me again.
“Joe, you’re hurting me please let me go.” I beg him and he just laughs and tightens his grip. I think I whimper a little bit.
“The best part of your makeshift relationship was enjoying seeing your life crumble. People like you make me sick.”
“People like what?” I say with a shaky voice still in pain from the grip he has on my arms.
“People who take so much without even thinking about it,” he says laughing and then finally releasing my arms and walking away. I finally exhale and walk inside to the courtroom and pull my phone out quickly just to make sure. I am trembling when I sit down next to Austin and he looks to me as if asking me where I am been. My eyes are rimmed red, from the tears that I wanted to cry. I can’t keep my mind focused and then he brushes my arm as they call me up to the stand, I flinch when his hand makes contacts with my bruises and he looks to me confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment